Focus of Work
My research interest lies in understanding the pathophysiology of Congenital Anomalies of the Kidney and Urinary Tract (CAKUT), the leading cause of chronic kidney disease in children. I am particularly interested in studying events in kidney development that lead to renal dysplasia. Within this field, my current research focuses on deciphering the role of Transcription Factor 21 in CAKUT. To this end, I have been working with the laboratory of Dr. Susan Quaggin at the Feinberg School of Medicine.
Select a keyword to see all related Feinberg faculty via the main faculty profile site.
Education and Certification
- MD: Ben Gurion University, Israel (1997)
- PhD: Ben Gurion University, Israel (2007)
- Internship: Soroka University Medical Center (1999)
- Residency: Soroka University Medical Center, Pediatrics (2004)
- Fellowship: Northwestern University, McGaw Medical Center (Children’s Memorial Hospital), Pediatrics (2010)
- Board Certification: Pediatrics
Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago Box 37
225 E Chicago Avenue
Chicago IL 60611